23 November 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Funny... Three Things About the Nights

The good: I can sleep on my stomach again! For a long-time tummy-sleeper, it was a rough few months when the stomach was too big to lay on top of. Those days are over! Whoo-hooo!

The bad: Getting up once or twice in the middle of the night for 30 to 60 mins takes some adjusting. Don't get me wrong... I want my son to grow big and strong, but it's new to me to get up in the middle of the night...

The funny: Now that I am often awake in the middle of the night, and my husband is VERY delirious in the middle of the night... it means I get some free entertainment! Mostly talking in his sleep. Fun stuff. Here is my favorite quote from the last couple weeks...

"You couldn't get the transformers out of the hole, and now here we are." (Sounded like he was blaming me!! I guess I should have tried harder to get the transformers out!).

So, if I'm gonna be interrupted from my comfy tummy sleeping in the middle of the night to nurse my son, I may as well get a chuckle out of my husband's delirium. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment