12 December 2010

An Aunty Again!

I can finally shout to the virtual world that I'm gonna be an Auntie again!!!

Mikey's sister, Julie, and her husband are expecting their first child in the summer.

Hip hip hooray!

Hip hip HOORAY!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

I have to admit, I was in a bit of shock when I learned that I was in the presence of this tiny person for many hours when the kids and I took our visit to the U.S. and no one TOLD ME!!! That wee baby was right there and I had no idea!!

I feel so rude. I never introduced myself.

But it's okay. I forgive them for keeping it a secret. They wanted to be fair to the real sibling and tell Mikey and I the news at the same time.

Although I can't figure out in the world why.

The man just sat there and smiled while I was jumping up in down and screaming in excitement.

I mean, wouldn't it have been more fun to see me jumping and screaming in person instead of over an internet connection? It would have been so fun to end the celebration with a running tackle hug, don't you think?

Oh... right. Don't want to harm the precious niecey or nephew of mine.

Got it. No running tackle hugs for pregnant women.



Don't you love this little one already? I'd say he/she definitely has my wrists.

What? We're not actually blood relatives at all? Does that mean this child can't have my wrists?

Darn.

Okay.

Wanna see something funny?

Take a look at her "What to Expect..." book (I took this picture over a Skype video call)



Look at that cute preggo lady on the cover. Cute outfit and so mod.

And look at mine.



Um. What decade is this one from? The decade where feather haired women sat in wooden rockers next to potted plants wearing mauve knee-length dresses with collars and grey pumps.

Apparently they've come out with an updated version since I bought mine used off half.com.

I dunno if any of the information is updated but the cover CERTAINLY is.

Aaaaaanyway...

Congratulations Julie and Curt!!! You're going to make AMAZING parents!!



(Wedding day, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment