26 January 2011

A Late Night's Work

Tonight I worked late.

Sometimes I do this. Sometimes I put on my ipod (or in this case, Mikey's MP3 player) and I head to the kitchen to get something serious done. Much mundane work is made incredibly enjoyable and even therapeutic when completed in the kitchen alone with a quality podcast piped straight to the ears. Might I recommend This American Life? So so entertaining and interesting! It's been our fav podcast for years.

Wait! I have an analogy for you.

The Adventures in Odyssey Radio Program: Children

This American Life Podcast: Adults

Get it? Ha! It's been a long time since I even thought about analogies. Funny, that. I'm flashing back to the pre-college SAT just now...

Oh my.

Hey! Does anyone even know The Adventures in Odyssey? Fun radio programs from Focus on the the Family that made time FLY by when I was a kid. It was like magic. Thirty-minutes-riding-in-the-car-on-a-painfully-long-ride-in-a-cramped-backseat-to-Florida GONE in like, the blink of an eye.

Hello?

Have I lost you? My, my I'm rambly tonight.

What is the purpose of this post?

Right.

My late night's work.

Ahem.

Tonight I did something that would take all day if I tried to do it during daylight when little munchkins gnaw on my ankles and demand that I put teddy to bed and cover him properly and scream if a full bottle is now empty and need me to wipe their bottoms and play instruments with them while we sing "C is for Cookie" and do all kinds of cute things to warrant thousands of hugs and kisses and and and.

You get the idea.

Wow.

Right. The point...

Now I almost feel funny saying it cause I've rambled on so much. It's like it's now it's expected to be something big or interesting or something climatic somehow...

But it's not. It's just a quadruple batch of from-scratch tortillas.



Fifty, to be exact. Oh wait. Fifty-one. My handsome, live-in quality-control-inspector came into the tortilla factory long enough to test the controlled quality of my tortillas. (?) He said they passed inspection. And now the fifty remaining quality tortillas are in my freezer. Having fifty tortillas in my freezer brings an indescribable feeling of peace and security in my heart, I'd like you to know.

But... I can't say how many tiny little black ants that would not stay out of my way may or may not have gotten rolled up in the dough in the process.

That's it. That's all.

That's what I wanted to say to you since the beginning of this post. I'm not sure what happened along the way. But I'm done now.

A big shout out to my one remaining reader for sticking with me on this one. (Hi Mom. Miss you!)

Good night. Sleep well.

I'll see you in the morning for breakfast burritos.

What's that?

You're busy?

Too bad.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever listened to Revive Our Hearts on podcast? I love it and listen to it as often as possible! We also love Desiring God ministries on podcast. I used to listen to Adventures in Odyssey in high school! Ha!

    P.S. the tortillas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! And what's a little more black ant protein?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never too busy for breakfast burritos!! If only....

    And I have to agree with the thoughts about "Adventures in Odyssey" and add that they weren't incredible only because you were a kid - - - Daddy and I loved them just as much!! Maybe I should dig those audio tapes out of the crawl space! I could use the wonderful, time-filling, spirit-edifying distraction right about now!!

    But, I, too, am getting distracted! :)

    50!!? 50 from-scratch tortillas?! Where do you get the patience?

    And, you can bet that if I could be there tomorrow to enjoy the tortillas (and the breakfast burritos), I would be there!!

    My last few days have been rough! Anything homemade from my girl, along with a hug or two, would do wonders!!

    ReplyDelete