15 September 2011

Book Boredom

This family is really into books. You may know that by now. If you don't know that, you can find proof here, where my big boy was reading to my baby girl and my heart melted. Or here where my kiddos had storytime in Thailand with their Daddy. Or here where H was looking through his big ol' stack of library books. Books are a twice-daily ritual for us. We like it that way.

Aaaanyway, we've been in Jordan a couple weeks now and we have only a handful of books to read during storytime before bed. Needless to say, I think my husband is growing a big bored of them.



We've probably read this one a hundred times by now. But last night the whole book was read with a new and unusual spy voice. Sure did keep me on the edge of my seat, wondering if Topsy and Tim were really going to find their luggage on the moving belt at the airport of if some mafia bosses were going to come in and snatch it from under their innocent noses.

In the end, despite all the suspense in the dramatic reading, Topsy and Tim had an uneventful trip on the aeroplane. Whew.



And you'll never guess who showed up to read this book! The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I know. Amazing! The whole book which used to be regular prose was suddenly transformed into a rap.

Groovy.



And the little Puppy who loses his bark daily in our house, suddenly lost his 'meow' instead.

Oh my.

We really need to get back home...

and P.S. I LOVE my husband. He's the best.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to make books new! Just like you, we have no access to English bookstores, so I beg anyone who asks what they can send for BOOKS! And I beg anyone who is coming for a visit to bring BOOKS!

    Blessings on your day.

    ReplyDelete