20 July 2012

Friday

Today is Friday, a weekend day. Also the first day of Ramadan for most of the nationals, although I don’t have much to say about that today. This is what our day consisted of…

IMG_7353

We had a morning trip to a… what do I call it? The locals would call it a park. We would call it a patch of grass next to the road.

IMG_7372

The kids played a little ball, we had a little snack…

IMG_7375

…and we watched planes land and take-off. Good times. H was especially excited that he saw the wheels go up into the the airplane and the doors close under them. You should have seen the joy in his eyes. I love that boy.

IMG_7377

Then it was naps for all. Including this normally un-napping boy who fell asleep reading on the couch. Rare moment indeed.

IMG_7379

Later was chalk on the balcony.

IMG_7380

And pizza on the balcony, using the local bread and our carefully rationed pepperoni. Pretty good!

IMG_7381

After dinner we had some swimming pool/filling up the car with ‘gas’ time. Girlie asked “Pwease me sbim wif my cwoos on?” (Please me swim with my clothes on?) Sure baby… if you want to! Why not?

IMG_7386

And then after-bath and before-bed-book-time for the kiddos.

IMG_7387

Which included this book written by Eric Metaxas.

IMG_7390

And for my ‘story time’, I am reading this book, coincidently also authored by Eric Metaxas. Which if you ask me, shows a remarkable diversity in writing style.

That’s about it folks.

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you during Ramadan. I am thrilled to NOT be hearing the drummer at 4:00 a.m. (or 3???) for the first time in 10 years.

    Your pizzas look great,I haven't made "pide" pizzas in a while, will have to try!

    ReplyDelete