07 September 2015

Hot Air Balloon Festival

As I was waking the kids up at 6:30 on Saturday morning to load them up and drive downtown for the Hot Air Balloon Festival I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not.

Then as we walked blocks and blocks (myself 8 months pregnant) I really wondered if it was a good idea.

Then we got there.

And I realized it was a WONDERFUL idea!

IMG_2977

Lil’ A was still her her pajamas. And she wasn’t a fan of the big balloons or the loud noise that the fans and the flames make.

IMG_2988

Notice everyone in jackets? Except me, in a tank top? Yeah… I’ve been one overheated lady during most of this pregnancy…

IMG_2993

She was just not sure.

IMG_2994

The sky fills with balloons, it’s no neat!

IMG_2995

IMG_2997 IMG_2999

Because there are so many balloons going up, it’s easy to get a very close view of how it all works, start to finish, from VERY up close.

IMG_3002 IMG_3000

IMG_3003

 IMG_3009

Once all the balloons were in the air we relocated to wait for the “Wings of Blue” Air Force Sky Diving Team to start their demonstration.

IMG_3015

A moment to pause and reflect on this girl’s hair.

IMG_3016

How did she get so lucky?!

IMG_3017

“Yook Mama! Up daaaair!!”

IMG_3022

The team of divers did various tricks as they came down. And they trailed ribbons and smoke. And they always landed RIGHT in the middle of the crowd where we had cleared a circle. So much fun.

IMG_3024

This guy had just completed some sky dive over 500 or something…

IMG_3026 

And THEN, on the walk back to the car, we saw a group of kids sliding down this halfpipe.

Well, if they’re doing it. Why don’t we try?!

IMG_3037

From up top it looks very high and steep. I was quite surprised that my big kiddos weren’t scared.

IMG_3031

IMG_3035

What a morning of good quality fun. This city. My family. What a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment