27 August 2017

Tried and True Recipe–Sweet and Spicy Chicken

This is a keeper. I don’t know how I found this recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen, but I’m sure glad I did!

I come back to this recipe all the time. It’s my go-to chicken recipe. If I have some of this chicken on hand, I can do so much with it! Enchiladas, top a salad, burrito bowls, have kids dip it in ketchup, throw it in soup, put it with rice, eat a bit here and there straight out of the fridge throughout the day… really the options are endless. I love it so much because it has FLAVOR and it’s versatile! And easy.

It is an oven recipe. I’ve tried it in the crock pot a few times and it's not the same. Bummer.

IMG_6884
Okay, so I’m no food photographer and that doesn’t look so appetizing. But just take my word for it, okay?!
IMG_6883

Aaaaand I’ll type it out cause my handwriting is embarrassingly horrible.

Natasha’s Sweet and Spicy Chicken
4 chicken breasts (I usually bake mine cut up in small pieces, but you don't have to)
3 T ketchup
2 T vinegar
1 T lemon juice
2 T Worcestershire
1/2 c water
2 T melted butter
3 T brown sugar
1 t dry mustard
1 t salt
1 t chili powder (I use less)

Preheat oven to 450.
Combine all sauce ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.
Pour the sauce over the chicken in a 9 x 13 pan.
Use tongs to coat the chicken in the sauce.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 10 mins.
Reduce heat to 350 for 1.5 hours more.
When done baking, pull the chicken with forks and let it soak up the juice. Or don’t. Cause I don’t always.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment