08 February 2018

Leaky Gut Diet... Done



I just finished 30 days of the leaky gut diet. And I feel amazing.

I’ve learned so much about healing foods. I've learned so much about the level of self-control I can exhibit. And I've learned how good I can feel when I eat clean.

In a nutshell it was no grains, no legumes, no dairy, no sugar, limited fruits, and nothing processed.

For breakfast I'd often have eggs scrambled in butter with onions, an occasional fried sweet potato, and a cup of peppermint tea with collagen added. For lunch it was bone broth or healing turmeric cauliflower soup made with bone broth and a big salad with romaine, baked chicken breast, sunflower seeds, and a glug of olive oil.  For dinner I almost always ate a huge pile of sautéed or roasted veggies and beef patties or kofta (a local way to prepare ground beef). I'd have an evening snack (not pictured) of walnuts, one square 85% dark chocolate and a cup of cinnamon ginger tea with collagen, 5 drops of stevia and a spoon of coconut oil. I was also taking a whole list of supplements throughout the day.

This was a challenging month, but I did it and I'm so glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment