13 December 2018

A Phrase I Love

There is a phrase I love to use.

I use it everyday.

Many times.

It is uplifting.

It can smooth things over.

It can divert tantrums and bad attitudes.

It’s very short.

It makes people smile.

Ready?

“Good idea!”

That’s it.

Good idea.

People love to hear this. Big people. Little people. Family people. Friend people. Stranger people. All people.

It can replace other, more common and less encouraging phrases such as “Okay” or “If you say so” or “I know” or “I already thought of that.”

Maybe you did already have that idea. Does that make it less of a good idea when someone else says it first? Nope. Actually, now you probably are even more convinced of an idea’s goodness if someone else mentions it even though it was in YOUR head! You don’t have to tell them that though. You can just exclaim “good idea!” and they will feel so good. And so will you.

If someone makes any sort of suggestion. If you are inclined to agree… why not replace “Okay” with “Good idea!”. It feels so much better for everyone.

Does the grocery man want to put the bread on top of the canned food? “Good idea! Thanks!”

Does your toddler offer to share his snack with his tiny friend? “Good idea!”

I could go on and on.

But I won’t.

I’ll just say… try it!  You’ll see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment