17 December 2014

20 Meals in the Freezer!!

When my Mom visited us in Colorado a few weeks ago, I had a lil’ project lined up… 20 freezer meals at once!!!

I had seen this Costco meal plan online somehow and decided it was worth purchasing for a few dollars:

20 Slow Cooker Freezer Packs for $150 from fivedollardinners.com

BOY was it worth it!!

After I shopped my own pantry and substituted a few things and looked for sales elsewhere, I actually spent less than $150. And the handful of meals we have eaten so far have actually fed us twice. So it’s more like 40 meals! Oh my word. So so worth it.

IMG_3105

In days leading up, my fridge had so much meat in it. This meal plan had lots of meat. I don’t  think I’ve ever in my life had so much meat in my possession.

IMG_0025

Shopping done! These are all of our supplies out and ready to go.

IMG_0026

When you purchase the plan she gives you detailed shopping lists, preparation lists and assembly lists.

I love lists.

Did you know that about me?

IMG_0027

We started at 2:29.

IMG_0035

We worked alongside this lady who walked us through things step by step. Next time I think I’d just stick to the lists though. It wasn’t that helpful to watch her while we were doing our own.

IMG_0028

We peeled and chopped and sliced and diced and opened cans and cut meat and rinsed beans and measured spices and and and…

IMG_0032

IMG_0033

It made quite the mess and quite the pile of dishes.

IMG_0034

But then we had two of each meal bagged, labeled, and ready for the freezer!

IMG_0036

It’s so beautiful.

IMG_0037

This little lady woke up from her nap and promptly got deposited in her playplen close by…

IMG_0038

And she likes to take her socks off and put them on her hands. That’s a bonus tidbit for you.

IMG_0039

We did it!!!

IMG_0042

IMG_0041

It took us about 2 1/2 hours. The lady said it should take one person less than two hours. It took two of us more than that! I was SO thankful for my Mama’s help. It’d be a really big job for one person.

I froze them flat and filed them in the freezer drawer.

IMG_0043

What a gift! Thank you Mom for helping me. I think we will definitely be doing this again. It’s such a perfect thing for a busy Mom of of littles to have meals that can be dumped from the freezer straight into the slow cooker.

And they’re delicious too.

No comments:

Post a Comment