05 December 2014

Blessed Birthday

This year I had one of my best birthdays ever, I believe. My heart was just overflowing.

I did learn a lesson this year. I learned this lesson because my husband was gone during my birthday. I told him to go ahead and take the trip… I wanted him to, but it was still sad to not have my best friend with me to make my day special.

Buuuuut because he was gone, I was forced to schedule my own day and make it what I wanted it to be! Let’s face it, husbands can’t usually read our minds and give us the day we dream of anyway, right? But he was gone, so it was on my responsibility to make a fun day for myself and not spend the day sulking, wishing I was doing this or that but couldn’t because my husband was gone and he didn’t plan it for me…

I did just that. I planned and filled my day with things I wanted to do and people that I wanted to be with. AND. IT. WAS. AN. AMAZING. DAY.

Even in future years, I hope to plan my own day now. So much less pressure on Mike and much more of what I want it to be, since I’m the one doing it!

It wasn’t all me though! Several of my girlfriends did plan a simple and and fun night for me, which couldn’t have been more perfect.  My heart nearly burst.

So there you have it.  The lesson I learned. And here’s some picture for me to remember it by…

IMG_0133

H and N got up before me, pushed these two stools over to the counter so they could make me a piece of toast together and then put coconut oil on it that they had not so sneakily asked me to leave out the night before!

IMG_0129

Then they hid behind the couch for about half an hour waiting for me to come out before they jumped up to surprise me. The sweetest.

IMG_0130

IMG_0138

IMG_0042

IMG_0004

IMG_0047

IMG_0049

IMG_0137

IMG_0135

IMG_0059

IMG_0044

IMG_0127

IMG_0046

IMG_0050

IMG_0051

IMG_0052

IMG_0053

IMG_0054

IMG_0055

IMG_0056

No comments:

Post a Comment