10 August 2010

Heading Home

Well folks, this traveling adventure is about to end. So the posting will slow down and you won't be subjected to countless photos of malls and seas and new foods anymore.

Wait, did I hear applause?

C'mon people!!

;)

We're soon boarding the plane back to the city we call home. I'm pretty excited to get settled back into our little apartment. To sleep in my bed, get my kids back in a routine, stock my freezer, hang up my new curtains, eat salad for a month (traveling is not good for your health!), and see my friends that I've missed.

We've seen a lot and one thing that really sticks with me are the thriving churches we have visited in all three places we've been. You might think these Gulf countries wouldn't have any churches, but in fact they all have many! Globalization has brought people from all corners of the world to live and work in this region and they're brought the truth of Jesus with them. I would never have guessed that there would be huge growing populations of Indian or Nepali believers in the Gulf... but it's true! I am reminded that our God is so big, and isn't held back by borders at all. His Kingdom can be found in every corner of the world and it's been so encouraging to see!

And, I am continually so humbled and so thankful that we are able to travel and see new places and meet new friends. It's such a privilege and I don't take it lightly. Glory to Jesus!

Alas, even though life in our country has countless challenges of it's own, there really is no place like home...

No comments:

Post a Comment