17 December 2011

Tried and True Recipes: Carrot Apple Muffins

Glory to Joy of Cooking for this one.  It’s new to my repertoire, but upon first taste, I knew it was a keeper.

IMG_9790

1/2 c pecans or walnuts, toasted (or use no nuts, like I usually do)

2 c grated raw carrot

1 large apple, peeled and grated (I did 2)

2 c flour (I usually mix white and wheat)

1 1/4 c white sugar (or less

3/4 t baking soda

1 1/2 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

1 1/2 t cinnamon (or more)

3 large eggs

3/4 c oil

1 t vanilla

Whisk all dry ingredients together. Separately mix the three wet ingredients.  Combine dry and wet, along with the grated produce together, mixing only until moist.

Put in muffin cups (makes around 18 normal sized muffins).

Bake 20-25 mins at 350 (180 C).

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this! I use the Joy of Cooking sometimes too. I use some of the recipes, but it's such a great reference!

    ReplyDelete