16 January 2012

Homemeade Baby Legs (aka Leg Warmers)

Sweet N had some teeny tiny legwarmers when she was a wee one, thanks to my husband’s cuz (Hi Nicole!). They were pretty darn cute and I wanted a repeat. So I made her some! I picked up a couple pairs of women’s knee socks on clearance at Target way back in the summer.

IMG_9774

Then I took them to Jordan, followed the instructions on this website, using the foot of the sock to make a cuff on the long leggy part.

I sewed it all by hand over several sittings. I rarely sit for more than, um, twelve seconds, so it’s a bit challenging to find time to hand sew some toddler leggings. Ha! They are far from perfect, but I was very pleased with the outcome.

IMG_0977

My model was on location in India when these photos were taken.

IMG_0983

These knit leggies have already several countries and back again. Oh my.

IMG_0979

But they don’t stay still for long!

1 comment:

  1. They look great! I'm so gonna do this next time I see some cute socks on clearance. I love giving Baby Legs as gifts, but they are pricey so a handmade version is so much better!

    ReplyDelete