23 February 2012

Tried and True Recipes–Whole Wheat Pancakes

I love breakfasty/brunchy food. I just told a friend today that I think it’s one of my love languages. Ha! Problem is, it’s usually not so healthy.

But these pancakes are super wholesome and really delicious too! Make sure your baking powder is fresh though, or else these will gag you. Funny what a difference that one small thing can make (learned that from experience).

Glory, once again, to my fav food blog… www.skinnytaste.com!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
  • 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups + 2 tbsp fat free milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • cooking spray

Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots; don't over-mix.

Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Lightly spray oil to coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
Makes 14 pancakes.

(Recipe taken from here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment