05 April 2013

What Remains

IMG_7488

Remember this cup? (from this post)?

IMG_7492

Remember how much my boy liked his lion cup?

IMG_1479

This is what remains.

:(

We brought special things like this back with us in our luggage. Little things that would remain constant in my kids’ lives between their African life and their American life. It helped. Their special drinking mugs were among those things.  And today it was accidently knocked off the island by my boy and as soon as I heard the crash I knew it was gonna be bad.

I rushed to him and he wept. I held him. And I wept.

I cried because my boy lost something dear to him. I cried because his tender heart was hurting. And I cried because that silly and special lion cup is something from our dear African life that can’t be replaced.

So much can’t be replaced. For this I wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment