04 October 2014

Three Babes in a Room

We had a family milestone today.

In my room, where we used to wake and find this little lady grinning at us in all her bead-head glory…

We now have this…


IMG_9660

A mess. That’s all. No crib. No crazy hair. No grinning girlie.

This is bittersweet. I remember when we moved Sweet N out of our bedroom in Africa and into H’s room. It was a big deal. Well, I thought it was going to be a big deal, but it really didn’t end up being a big deal at all.

It’s a bigger deal for my Mama’s heart than anything else.

IMG_9655

So here she is. Her crib in the big kids’ room!

IMG_9656

She was pretty happy about it.

IMG_9641

Three babes, all in one room. They’re growing up. *sniff sniff*

IMG_9645

If you look closely, you can see that Sweet N and her doll baby have matching nightgowns. Yeah… those were mine when I was a kid…

IMG_9643

I tucked the big kids in bed, nursed Lil’ A and then laid her in bed. She didn’t make a peep. Mikey went in a few minutes later and A was laying quietly in bed.

So far, I’d say it’s going swell.

How I love my three babes. My heart overflows tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment