14 October 2017

Watching my Boy Get Situated in Bed

This evening after I nursed Bridger, I went to lay him down in his crib. He wasn’t happy… crying and out of sorts. So I laid him gently in his crib and sat down next to the crib to wait while he settled. Sometimes I’d leave him. Tonight I didn’t want to.

He settled in a few moments and I kept watching from outside the slats.

My boy sat up, and started searching through the various comfy things in his bed for something in particular. He grabbed his little pillow with the special case Grammi sewed him this summer. The pillow he put behind him, where his head would be when he laid down.

Then he looked around again.

He picked up his stuffed puppy, that Grandma and Grandpa bought for him at Build-A-Bear. The puppy went next to him.

Then he pulled out his soft fleecy blanket and attempted to place it over his legs and up to his chest.

Then came a drink from his water cup and then it was set aside.

He leaned back and laid down on his pillow next to his puppy.

Then he pulled up his taggy blanket. With his two fingers already in his mouth, he managed to search out his favorite orange ribbon and stroke it while he tucked the blankie under his arm.

And then he was all situated and I was just amazed. The boy turns 2 in a couple weeks, and I had no idea he could have so many ideas about how to get settled in his bed in the nighttime.  Sometimes when I lay him down I situate him like that myself. But I never would have guessed that he would do it on his own if I didn’t do it for him!

It was such a precious moment. And then I went in to take a picture and he thought that was pretty funny.  How I love him.

IMG_7428

No comments:

Post a Comment