25 July 2011

My Morning Surprises

Today I woke up to a *crinkle crinkle* and a *crumple crumple*.

Do you know what that means?

It means breakfast in bed, American style!



Don't judge. When you usually live in Africa (in a country without a McDonalds), then this is a fun surprise.



Delicious!!

Mikey kept saying "Breakfast in bed is so much easier in this country!" Ha! It's true!

Know what my other surprise was? The *crinkle crinkle*?



Roses. Oooohhh.... lovely.



And this.



With a super sweet note that blessed my heart and made me cry and that you don't get to read. But you can read this much. I love it.

I love him.

Today's occasion? Our 7th wedding anniversary.

It's quite possibly been the most challenging, the most surprising, the most exciting and the most WONDERFUL seven years of my life. I've got a pretty great life companion. Seven years ago I never knew what we'd see together. Or where we'd make our home. Or what challenges we would walk through together. Or what amazing mini people we'd create. Or what an incredible father he would be to those mini people. Or how much my love for him would grow over the years. Or how he'd still make me laugh. Or how proud of him I'd be.

Seven years ago I did a good thing... I married my best friend. And I'm so glad I did.

Thanks baby, for my morning surprises. And thanks for asking me to walk through life by your side. Thank you for becoming mine seven years ago. Thank you for making me your own. I love you. You are one of the best things that ever happened to me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, guys! So proud of you and watch out -we're following close (or so) behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing a little bit of your anniversary with me. i had a blast and i hope you guys had fun at the lake, more pictures please?! happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete