09 May 2012

Locked Out

This afternoon a most unfortunate thing happened.

IMG_6828

My daughter locked this door, leaving H and I outside on the balcony and leaving her locked inside the house. Alone.

Almost as soon as I realized what had happened I called Mikey and told him he’d need to come home right away to get to her.

I happened to be on Skype with my parents (yes, had my laptop out on the balcony) at the time and they suggested I try the bedroom window. What a good idea!!

Also I started documenting the situation because I (also) happened to have my camera out on the balcony and I’m a good blogger like that.

IMG_6829

Anyway, this is the one window that goes into the house from the balcony. The bars obviously prevented me from getting in, but at least I could call her to the window and see her.

IMG_6830

I don’t think she fully understood the seriousness of the situation. But that means I did my job right! I sat by the window and played with her through the bars and screen.

IMG_6834

We played Peek-

IMG_6835

-Abo!!

IMG_6836

She liked that. She also liked the smoothie I had for lunch and the marks you see on her cheek and forehead are the proof of that! Ha!

IMG_6837

And she disappeared for awhile (calm my anxious heart) and returned with some food for me to eat!

IMG_6843

And then twenty quick minutes later her Daddy came to her rescue.

And then he gave her a lecture about not locking the door.

And that was that.

Happy Ending, thank you Jesus!

1 comment: