16 May 2012

Roomtime

I have instituted ‘Room time’ with my kids at various points in their lives. When we returned home and finally had some sort of routine several weeks ago, I knew I wanted room time to be a regular part of my boy’s routine when his lil’ sister takes a nap in the afternoon.

IMG_6696

The first day I set the timer for 30 minutes. He did play in his room by himself (that’s what room time is), but not without poking his head out a lot and whining about when he could be done.

IMG_6786

A day or two later he played happily without asking me how much longer he needed to play in his room.

IMG_6797

And a day or two after that when I put Sweet N down for a nap I didn’t have to ask him to go play in his room, I didn’t have to set the timer and he never asked to be done.

He just happily played in his room by himself without being told.

Kids loves routine. Kids love boundaries. I believe it.

I’m not saying it goes like this every day. But the fact that it goes like this some days is victory enough for me!

IMG_6701

Also, toddlers love afternoon naps on the floor in the one room with an air conditioner.

IMG_6702

No comments:

Post a Comment