22 May 2012

Quote of the Day

The other day I randomly busted out with my own rendition of Whitney Houston’s “Hero” when loading the kids into the car.

I don’t know why I did that, but I did.

And when I did, my boy asked me “Where did you learn that song Mommy?”

“On the radio when I was a kid” I answered.

His response?… “What’s a radio?”

Oh.My.Word. For a four year old who has a huge vocabulary, it’s funny to me that ‘radio’ is not part of it. I guess it’s just another way to see that he hasn’t lived in America most of his life…

2 comments:

  1. HA! That H is a funny one... and cute! Friend, was it Hero by Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston? If the latter, I need informed of that song because I don't think I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a radio? That's funny. Our kids are definitely getting an education; it's just not the same as other kids in other places.

    ReplyDelete