02 September 2012

Day One!

Well, we did it. Day one of preschool. And it was a success! I am so pleased with how the day went, I didn’t take a ton of pics, but here are a few…

IMG_7540

The official ‘First Day of School’ pic. They two are just precious. For them, all this hard work is worth it!

IMG_7556

The kids and their teacher! Ha! And no, they didn’t call me “Miss Suzanne”. They called me “Mom” thank goodness!

IMG_7558

I kid you not, school hadn’t been officially started for even 10 minutes when I had to pull out the first aid kid for a bleeding cut on my boy’s knee. He couldn’t tell me how he got it, though, which I thought was funny. Must have been having too much fun, right?

IMG_7561

We did a couple of table activities during the day. Glued apple seeds on the letter A after we discovered them inside the apple and later did a “All About Me” worksheet and collage. The kids LOVED being creative with different materials and glue and that was the activity that kept their attention for the longest amount of time. Note to self: Must buy more glitter glue. :) Big hit that stuff, and no glittery mess, so I’m a fan.

That is my assistant teacher, she’s amazing!

IMG_7565

After circle time my friend came to teach sports for half an hour. I am so thankful and the kids had fun! They did stretching, balancing, bean bag games and Follow the Leader. They especially loved Follow the Leader and couldn’t wait to play again after lunch.

IMG_7566

Snack time on the mat outside. Today I had three students; tomorrow I have four. I don’t despise a small (and all white-skinned) beginning. In fact, I’m thankful. It gives this clueless girl time to learn slowly before more kids and diversity (hopefully!) start rolling in.

Ooh, this pic gives you a peek of the garden… isn’t it gorgeous? Grass is planted… waiting for the tufts to spread.

IMG_7567

There was a little dress up involved. Have you ever seen such a thing?! Maybe I should use this photo in my advertising? Ha!

IMG_7569

Later after more activities, playing and closing circle (I really like circle time!) it was lunch outside. Cuties.

IMG_7571

Then came a little unplanned and unforced rest time with books at the end of the day. Now that was nice.

IMG_7574

It really was such a smooth first day. I will change a few small things tomorrow, but overall it went much better than I could have expected.

All Glory to Jesus Name! Because of Him I do this. It’s Him I praise.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you're off to a great start! I think you're right now to despise the day of small beginnings! I started a women's prayer meeting recently and we started as 3, now we are 6! May God bless your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! But please, do not leave the knife in the table next to the kids!!!! Good luck!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So happy for you! Good job, Suz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Did the kids help with the gardening?
    Where do you find your teaching materials and supplies?
    Love you!! May the Provider continue to bless this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! It is so exciting to see what He has is store for you! Your kiddos are so cute. I can't believe you are doing all this while being pregnant! What a superwoman!

    ReplyDelete