11 November 2012

Bless-ed Arrival

So, as I was saying in my last post about our trip, we were picked up by lovely people who we didn’t know yet.  They drove us to their home where a room was prepared for us (and another room given up by their daughter for our kiddos!).

IMG_7946

We were a bit groggy and grimy (24 hours traveling, remember!) but it didn’t stop me from being overjoyed and humbly blessed by the hospitality our hosts offered us. Including this incredible view of the valley and vineyards…

IMG_7951

Girlie was especially pooped and was the only one to curl up for a late afternoon nap.

IMG_7952

Meanwhile, the braai (barbeque!) was being prepared, I was content on the balcony, enjoying the view and my very own heater.  It was glorious. The air was just a bit chilly for me, and it was oh-so-refreshing!

IMG_7955

Gorgeous.

IMG_7957

My boy was pretty excited about our accommodations and the new little friends that came with them. He was a tad energetic.

Then Sweet N woke up and these two cheesed it up…

IMG_7969

IMG_7971

IMG_7976

Oh, the many faces of my little missy…

IMG_7980

IMG_7982

IMG_7983

IMG_7987

IMG_7992

We had a great time getting to know our new friends that evening. In the morning we continued to lay low at their place.

IMG_7996

IMG_7995

IMG_8001

IMG_8005

Of course we can never enjoy coffee without sharing. Oh well.

IMG_8009

IMG_8011

The kiddos found plenty to do. And aren’t they cute all ‘bundled ‘ up? My daughter looks so different to me in ‘winter’ clothes.

IMG_8012

IMG_8091

And here’s me and the little one. I enjoyed wearing some warm clothes of my own and relaxing in our temporary accommodations. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment