26 November 2012

Whale Watching

The little bit bigger coast-town next to the really tiny coast-town we were staying in while in South Africa is the whale watching capital of the world. Really!

So one day, we headed to Hermanas to see us some whales. Hopefully.

IMG_8230

On the way we saw this sign. It made me laugh. Say whaaaaat?!  That is one long word!

IMG_8235

After a little education about what we were looking for…

IMG_8237

… we headed to one of many lookout spots.

IMG_8239

And we started watching. Can you see my two men down on the rocks?

IMG_8241

Girlie and I stayed up on the pier. It was pretty windy and she liked it best in the stroller. And when she was in the stroller she insisted on being buckled, even though it’s not necessary. And if she insists on something, I often recommend just accommodating her, if possible. I think you know what I mean. Funny girl.

IMG_8243

We watched and scanned and looked. For awhile. We wondered what might happen when one was spotted. Well, someone let out a big scream and all heads jerked in the same direction. A whale!! Way out there!! Do you see it?

IMG_8244

Splish-

IMG_8245

Splash! That was a whale!!  Even though it was far and nearly impossible to actually see the whale… it was most exciting, nonetheless!

IMG_8248

IMG_8249

We watched for more but didn’t see any more that day.

IMG_8250

IMG_8258

I love my boy’s hugs. Me and this baby get a lot of lovin’!

IMG_8260

This is what we saw, apparently.

IMG_8261

A little lunch at Steers and then we called it a successful whale-watching day.

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet Emily or Bini could decipher the funny long word!!

    ReplyDelete