21 February 2013

Johannesburg

I know it’s been forever since I blogged about our trip to South Africa. It was mooooonths ago now and I never intended for it to take so long for me to ‘document’ it on this blog. But alas, life has changed a bit recently and there hasn’t been much time to work on it.  But now I’m back at it. For today at least. I’m near the end and I’ve got to finish what I started!

So let’s pick up…

After a week in southern South Africa we flew up to Johannesburg for our second week. We were heading there to visit a friend of Mike’s from 12 years ago, and his wife and family.

This week was more low-key. We hung around, took naps, and the  kids played and played and played with their three new friends around the house.

They even did some swimming.

IMG_8561

IMG_8566

And got a bit cold. Which was no big surprise. There was NO WAY Mike or I was getting in that pool with them…

IMG_8569

It was only 71 degrees! Brrrrr. That is seriously cold for swimming weather. Mike is the cold-water-baby of the family and he refuses to swim if the temperature is much less than 100. I’m not kidding.

IMG_8582

But there was also rain. Lovely, refreshing rain!

SDC16514

There was train play.

SDC16515

Rabbits. (And a dog, a cat, chickens and a rooster!)

SDC16516

Our sweet little guest room out back.

SDC16517

Avocados falling from overhead.

SDC16518

So many avocados. It was like a dream.

SDC16523

My kids loved this funky tire swing.

SDC16524

And climbing the ladder to this tree…

SDC16531

… to jump onto the trampoline.

SDC16535

Girlie became addicted to yogurt cups.

SDC16538

And they had such fun with their new friends!

DSC_0041

It was an incredibly relaxing week. More South Africa to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment