28 September 2013

Don’t Chew That, Chew This!

Guess what I did a couple weeks ago?

IMG_3525

I sewed. It was so fun. I’d like to do it again sometime.

IMG_3527

A friend of mine had sewn these covers for the straps of the very best ever ERGO Carrier, and I copied hers! Except she did snaps and I did Velcro. The issue is that baby rides in the carrier (my baby has spent a LOT of time in this carrier lately) and she is in that chew on everything all-the-time stage. But it’s not good in the long-term to chew on the straps. So I made strap covers.

IMG_3531

And I made ‘em pretty too.

IMG_3530

Just simple little two-sided flannel rectangles with velcro and a little ribbon loop to hook a toy to if wanted. I excel at sewing things with straight lines. Squares and rectangles are my friends. Can I get an Amen?

IMG_3529

Not bad, eh? It took me a couple hours to whip up two pairs.

IMG_1206

IMG_1207

No comments:

Post a Comment