25 November 2010

A Thankful Heart

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There is so much in my life that I am thankful for. So so much. Frankly, life is just good. I'm rich in relationships, saved by my Jesus and loving this unique life we're living. I feel like I'd have to sit down for a long time to write to just attempt to express my thankfulness through words. My heart and life are full!

Today we celebrated with many American friends. We even ate turkey that was brought in in a friend's hand luggage, pineapple cheese casserole (Is this a southern thing? It was delicious!), apple crisp and hot cider and lots more too.

I am honored to know so many amazing people who make their home in the same city that we do. Truly, truly honored.

Aaanyway. Besides the highlights of the full heart, full belly and lots of laughter... was the highlight of my baby girl!

How can you tell when a baby has lived her short life in the desert?

This is how:



"Mama? What is this stuff?"



"Mama? I don't like it!!"



"Get me outta here!"

Look at that face! This girlie does not like grass. She did this same thing a month ago in Charlotte when I put her down on grass.

So funny!



As the night went on, she would crawl near the edge but not leave the safety of the mat.





If her foot or hand happened to skim the grass, her little face would cringe and she'd pull back.



She had good entertainment on the mat though!



But then this happened... she would occasionally see something worth crawling off the mat for. She'd see a piece of paper, a purse or a dirty used plastic cup and she'd go for it!



And then sometimes she'd realize "Oh no! I'm in that icky scratchy pokey stuff again" and she'd be back to her old pose...

Isn't she just the cutest?!

By the end of the night she was doing much better. What a happy Thanksgiving accomplishment... my baby girl learned to tolerate grass! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment