09 February 2011

National Bagel Day

Did you know that today is National Bagel Day in the U.S.? It is!!

Do you care?

Me neither!

Except that it's just an excuse to try something new and do something different.

Yesterday I...



formed,



boiled



and baked!

And today it's bagels for breakfast, lunch and dinner.



Breakfast - Bagel with cow cheese



Lunch - Bagel with melted cheddar



Dinner - Bagel pizzas!

It's probably a good thing that National Bagel Day only comes once per year...

3 comments:

  1. You're so creative and have so much fun in the kitchen! I love it! I can honestly say I've never (and likely never will) make homemade bagels, so I can see why you might be glad this day only comes once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Where do you get all these recipes? I love the idea of making things at home that we'd normally get at the store like loaves of bread, pizza dough, spag. sauce, etc., but bagels? I hadn't thought of that one! If you get most ideas from one or two books, please share the titles so I can get them from the library. Inquiring minds want to know, Suz-Mae!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookbooks? I use four. Aside from the classics The Joy of Cooking and Fannie Farmer, there is More-With-Less (Mennonite cookbook) and The Wycliffe International Cookbook. I love them all! But this recipe came from allrecipes.com, which I also use regularly cause you can search by ingredients you have, or in my case, search by omitting what I don't have! :)

    ReplyDelete