04 February 2011

Preening

In the past couple months N has really picked up on certain items and what they are for. She tries to put hats on her head, bows in her hair, caps on bottles, lids on bowls, phones at her ear, etc.

One sweet and quiet morning recently she and I were hanging out on the big bed.

I dropped a pile of stuff from the bedside table in front of her, hoping it would keep her busy. She immediately picked up the brush and began to 'brush' her hair.



I was so impressed.

My heart swelled... "Wow" I thought... "What a bright girl she is!"



Until she continued to try to brush her hair with EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the pile.



Ha!



I laughed at myself. And even though red nail polish isn't really good for hair brushing... my heart still swelled at my baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment