17 May 2011

Annapurna

(I thought I had posted this the day we took the bus from Pokhara to Kathmandu, before we left Nepal... but I guess I hadn't posted it...so here it is a little late!)

This morning long before 6am, we were on the roof with eyes peeled for signs of snow-topped mountain peaks. I was hopeful, expectant. Slowly some clouds blew past and then we saw just a bit...




We didn't get to see the Annapurna Range in it's full glory... not even close... but what I saw still put a glimpse of glory in my heart.
Even to see this small bit of the Himalayan Mountains is such a privilege for which I am so thankful.

The whole time I
couldn't stop thinking of this verse:

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

Makes me excited for eternity when so many things that we only know in part now will be know fully...

2 comments:

  1. Either I'm crazy or I can read your mind because I think you posted this already as well! Is it possible that you posted it and then somehow removed it?
    The blog expresses a beautiful thought, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible Mom! Occasionally blogger has been acting super weird... so maybe there was a glitch! :)

    ReplyDelete