29 May 2011

Arrived

We arrived in Colorado last night and are settled into an amazing home we are borrowing for a month. The family is napping while I get us organized... we are so happy to be here!

I still have more to share with you about Taiwan, but it'll have to wait for another day.

For now I'd like to share with you three 're-entry to America' facts.

1. When I thought of some errands I need to run, the thought crossed my mind "I'll just jump in a taxi to take care of those." Then I realized that you don't really do that here.

2. When walking down the hall there was an odd looking large piece of fuzz or something on the floor and the thought crossed my mind "Don't step on that gecko." Then I realized that you don't really have geckos in your houses here.

3. A slinky can make it through the washer and dryer just fine. Yes, I said DRYER! Glory Hallelujah!

4. Oops. Number four wasn't planned. Here it is anyway: Today I talked to my family on the phone (not Skype). I was sitting in a chair by an open window while my daughter 'cooked' on a super nice kitchen play set. And I wasn't sweating. It's the simple things, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment