01 March 2011

Milk Yogurt

A year and a half ago when we traveled to the States my boy stopped drinking milk. We have always used powder milk here which tastes different enough from fresh milk that he wasn't happy with the fresh stuff. So he stopped drinking milk.

The doc said it's fine. She said that cheese, yogurt and other foods can get him enough calcium.

Okay then.

But to give him a little boost, when we returned a year ago I started mixing milk powder in with his daily plain yogurt. I thought it was a good way to get him some more nutrients.

And for a year he has eaten this. Every. Single. Day.



Plain yogurt



mixed with milk powder.



Harmless, right?



Every morning down it went. Sometimes it took some encouraging, but he ate it.

All of it.



And then, awhile ago, Mike tasted it.

Then Mike asked me if I ever tasted it.

Um, no, I hadn't.

Maybe I should.

So I did.

And then...

Gaaaaag me around the world and back.

The stuff tasted naaaaaasty.



I'm so sorry H... I didn't mean it.

Needless to say, we immediately ceased the adding of the milk powder to the yogurt.

I hope that someday my son can find it in his heart to forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I laughed so hard!!
    The great thing is that he probably won't even remember it!
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete