19 March 2011

Redemption V - The Burj

I was on a roll yesterday by posting two coupon redemptions in two days... and here comes the third in a row and the final installment. What does that make me now?

It makes me finished with my Christmas coupons, that's what it makes me. Boo. They were so fun. I don't want them to be over. It was the gift that just kept on giving. Until it stopped giving. And now I'm sad.

But let's not dwell on the negative. Let me tell you about the wonderful time I had here today.



The Burj Hotel was the site of my final gift outing. This one was to be enjoyed aaaaaloooone. I took off after the kids went down for a nap and had three glorious hours high in this building where the air was cool and the view was amazing.



I took a glance back toward home on the other side of the Nile and thought that H would be sad if he knew I came to "Da egg pwace" without him. (Hotel looks like a big egg). Kinda hazy/dusty today, huh?



Not in here, my friends! This is where I settled in.

The elevator must be a space warp or something cause this place just doesn't feel like the country I live in...



Isn't it stunning?

Okay. Wait. Don't answer that question. My perspective is skewed, I know. While this place is nice, I realize it's probably not so different from many fancy hotels in the U.S.

But whatever... we're NOT in the U.S. and I want to focus on my current perspective... which is that this place is soooooooo nice.



I partook of this fruit tart (oooohhhh, aaaaaaah)



and this foamy delicious hot chocolate.

And no, I didn't have to share.

With anyone.

Hallelujah and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment