02 March 2011

Now, It's My Turn

I am going to a women's conference in Dubai for four days.

Glory Hallelujah!

But before I board that airplane...

I have prepared and frozen way more meals than Mike and the kids could possibly eat in four days.

I have posted heating directions for those meals on the side of the fridge.

I have washed, ironed (when necessary) and put away nearly every piece of clothing in the house.

I have changed the sheets on the beds.

I have pinched my pennies for a over a month so that I can by stuff on my trip.

I have loaded and charged my iPod. That way I can listen to music while riding in the taxi from the airport to the hotel at 6am and feel like I am in a music video.

I have taken delight in the fact that there are no diapers, no pacifiers, no teeny shoes or crinkly toys amongst my adult things.

I have mourned in the fact that there are no diapers, no pacifiers, no teeny shoes or crinkly toys amongst my adult things.

I have packed my own bag of traveling snacks to fend off my consistent feel-really-sick-when-traveling-in-the-middle-of-the-night syndrome.

I have prepared and frozen 62 tortillas. That way, if my home and family gets overtaken by a clan of Mexican-loving food gypsies... my husband will be able to feed them. (?!)

I have drowned my plants in water.

I have looked at my bags and wished I could pack less. I have sighed and then thrown in one more pair of earrings for good measure. Just in case.

I have thought that maybe I shouldn't go and I should just stay here in my homey home with my family that I love.

I have thought it'd be a crying shame to miss this opportunity.

I have researched the nearby malls and could tell you know how many kilometers the closest mall is from the hotel (2.1km) and I know what level the stores are on that I for sure want to hit: Accessorize-( Level 1, store F18), Mega Mart-(Ground floor), The Body Shop-(Level 1, F31.)

I have admitted to myself that the above statement gives you way too much insight into the way I plan and organize and is going to make you think I'm crazy.

I have vowed to actually purchase an item at the store Accessorize. I have browsed this store in many countries and airports around the world since I first discovered it in Brighton, England in the year 2001. I'd say it's high time I actually PURCHASED something. I have pinched my pennies, after all. And... whatever it is that I'm gonna buy, it's probably gonna have sequins. Just so you know.

I have perused the entire list of dining establishments (Food Court - Third Floor) available in the nearby mall and have highlighted a couple favorites that I might like to visit. This includes, but is not limited to Subway, Chilis, Cinnabon, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme. *unbuttoning jeans*

I have printed my flight itinerary and noted my weight allowances.

I have instructed my kids to be on their worst best behavior so that Mikey gets an idea of what it's like to be me has a great time with them. *smile*

I have contemplated what it's gonna feel like to check-in, wait at the airport, board a plane, take a flight and arrive in Dubai ALL BY MYSELF.

I have not been able to recall this 'traveling by self' feeling that I once knew so well.

I have been watching my diet very carefully this past week in anticipation of the glorious foods that I am soon to partake of.

I have just lied to you about that watching my weight thing. Will you forgive me?

I have told God that I have great expectation in my heart for a sweet meeting with Him during this time.

I have pinched, squeezed, nibbled, kissed and nuzzled my dear little family today.

I have told them how much I love them and will miss them.

And now, I have done it all.

Goodbye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have found my long lost twin! I can relate to all these feelings! Thanks for putting them into words :) I hope you had a fabulous time. I went to the same retreat a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete