08 March 2012

The Best Thing

IMG_4531

Yesterday afternoon I drove this lil’ guy

IMG_4533

and this lil’ girl

IMG_4527

up this way…

IMG_4545

To here! You can hardly see the white airport terminal because the sky was so gray itself. In fact, my boy said “Mom, I feel like we’re in Ohio.”

Which was true! We don’t get very many gray days here in Colorado. But I was shocked that he connected gray skies with Ohio. (To all my Ohio readers… sorry about that!  Move out west baby! The sun is a-shining!)

Aaaanyway…

IMG_4554

The kiddos stood in the entry-hall for the longest time with their eyes peeled for their Daddy.

IMG_4560

(When did he turn into a little man, might I ask?!)

IMG_4553

The standing and watching didn’t last super long.

IMG_4575

It quickly turned into wrestling and play pushing

IMG_4562

and tickling.

IMG_4557

And goofy faces.

IMG_4563

And taking a rest on Mama’s leg.

IMG_4566

And taking pictures.

IMG_4569

And taking another rest on Mama’s legs.

IMG_4570

More pictures.

IMG_4573

More playing.

IMG_4576

I realize most people would not let their children roll all over the floors at an airport. But seriously people. The floors in this airport were so stinking clean. I’ve seen me a lot of airport floors in a lot of places and these were so superior to MOST every other airport floor I have ever seen. I probably would have let them eat dinner off of it, it was so darn clean.

And then.

And then the best thing happened.

IMG_4577

We spotted him!

IMG_4578

Daaaadddddddyyyyyyy!

IMG_4579

He’s home! And it’s so great. So so so great.

And that might just be the understatement of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Brings tears to my eyes!! You have a super-wonderful family!! I miss you all ~ but it is so very amazing to see pics of how much the kiddos love, love, love their daddy!! It fills my heart with warm joy!!

    BTW, H was so very right about the gray skies! We are known for that here in Ohio. (Amazing that in his young life he has caught on to that fact.)
    Glad to know that someday we will all live in a place where, if there are even gray skies, none of us will notice ~ for the glorious bright light of heaven!!

    ReplyDelete