21 March 2012

The Moments I Live For

My kids are playing together more and more these days. There is usually some bickering mixed in… I mean… they are 2 and 4! But the moments when they are just happy to be with one another, happy to play together and make each other laugh are incredible.

These are the moments I live for as parent. The moments that make me feel like this hard thing we do called parenting is working and it’s worth it cause maybe we are producing little people who are learning to love and be loved. These are the moments I cherish. The moments when my heart feels like it may burst right out of my chest.

IMG_4496

IMG_4505

IMG_4562

SDC16018

This last one is my favorite. One evening I turned around in the van and saw them holding hands across the aisle. No prompting or anything on my part… they just felt like holding hands during an evening drive I guess.

Be still my heart.

On second thought… don’t be still. I love this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment