15 August 2013

Backyard Fun

The Pull ‘n Slide at my parents house from two years ago recently graduated into a full on Slip ‘n Slide. For my boy at least. Maybe Sit ‘n Slide for my older girlie.

IMG_3214

Even turning on the water is fun. And must be a shared job. No fair if one person gets to turn on the water and the other doesn’t! (Yes, that is the stage we seem to be in these days).

IMG_3221

Getting it all straightened out.

IMG_3225

Must be just right.

IMG_3223

My too cute happy helper.

IMG_3227

I think they got it!

IMG_3231

My kids {heart} water. The day was warm, but the water was ICE cold. They didn’t care.

IMG_3234

Gimmick was to knock the pins down. And a gimmick it was. Silly pins.

IMG_3233

Before long a running start was necessary for my boy. He got really good at running and sliding straight down the thing. I do believe that some coordination is necessary to be able to do that.

IMG_3251

This one was a ‘dive’… see his hands?

IMG_3237

Girlie would run. Stop. Sit down. Push herself.

But she still had fun. Obviously.

IMG_3247

H got creative with twisting and back slides and all sorts of other things.

IMG_3257

And Sweet N wanted a lot of drinks too. Pretty handy.

IMG_3263

Just like she did two years ago…

Some things never change.

IMG_3266

At one point we convinced H to run all the way around the house and then slide.

Actually, I shouldn’t use the word ‘convince’… the boy was eager. It wasn’t hard to get him to do it. That sounded like a lot of fun to him!

IMG_3267

Rounding the corner after a long run around the house!

IMG_3265

And splash at the bottom.

I’d love to be able to report an increase in his velocity after such a long run, but I’m afraid it seemed the same.

His grin may have been bigger, however. And that’s what counts.

IMG_3242

Girl waiting for her turn. She looks like she has a ‘tude. Which she often does. But not this day. At least not this day at that point in time. Quite possibly this day at a different point in time. Aaaaanyway… isn’t she cute standing like that?

IMG_3244

And here she comes!

IMG_3249

So fun.

IMG_3215

His turn.

IMG_3256

Her turn.

IMG_3241

Then he ran from the farthest corner of the yard.

IMG_3270

I could go on and on, obviously…

Good times. Thanks Grammi and Poppi for simple and quality backyard fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment