07 August 2013

Portraits and a Quote

Today was day two of my big kids being really into painting. They do really well by themselves once I get them set up. Today they wanted to be set up JUST SO, looking out the window.

IMG_3403

IMG_3402

They wanted to paint a portrait of the baby, so I set her on the balcony for awhile.

IMG_3401

H could get a good view of her from the seat at his artists’ table. That’s exactly how he wanted it.

IMG_3398

She was a willing subject.

IMG_3397

And this was his final painting! Not bad, eh? He got the chair and the face and the three flowers on her shirt, etc.

IMG_3396

Proud boy. Proud Mama.

IMG_3404

Girlie did one too. I would call hers a more abstract interpretation?

Also, while they were sitting next to each and having a ball painting and doing this and that, I overheard them discussing the drying time of their paintings..

“Wow! That dried as quick as a fig!” H said.

“Yeah… as quick as a fig!!” N agreed.

Um, whaaaaat? I have no idea. But I like them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment