01 July 2010

Lookie What I Made!

I love to sew special projects and I am CERTAIN that I get that from my Mom... cause she loves it too! And she's the one who taught me to sew. I actually have a LOT more to learn from her! Thanks Mama!!! I am so thankful for you and all you've taught me!



In case you can't tell, it's a pouch(?) for my girlie. I actually don't know what to call it cause I've never really seen one before. I created it to fit our needs. I don't like to carry my own bag and a baby bag, and I often switch bags, so I decided to create a bag the perfect size for the things I need to take for N when we go out. Then I can just toss it in my bag or my husband's bag and we're all set. He just looks so manly toting a pink owl pouch around...

Some might suggest just throwing my wallet (that's all I should need, right? HA!) into a bag for the baby. But c'mon people... I need me a BAG. A real BAG. Those little cutsie clutches and fashion handbags don't cut it for me. Give me something I can throw 4 liters of water, a novel, an ipod, speakers, a days worth of snacks and a good-size camera in please. If it doesn't weigh my shoulder half-way to the ground then something is wrong and you better get out of my way cause I gotta climb those stairs back up to my flat and figure out whatever it was I forgot.



Aaaaanyway...

Everything about this was new for me. Zipper, lining, pockets, never done it before!! I followed this tutorial for a lined pouch, made it much bigger and added my details all over it. I was totally challenged. This thing was like a puzzle to put together! But it was so worth it...



That gathered bit of pink on the front I just made up. It's just so sweet! Never done that before either!



A little loop on the back so I could hook it over a stroller handle or hold onto it if my own bag is already past capacity.



The details are my favorite! No, wait... the fabric is my favorite. No, let me think... the functionality is my favorite. Um, maybe that tiny little flower and button are my favorite. OH man... I'm no good at favorites. I just love the thing!



Want one? You'd seriously have to pay the big bucks cause this is all I have to show for my day today besides two beds with clean sheets and three bellies that were full of leftovers at lunchtime.

:)

1 comment:

  1. wow. once again i'm impressed!
    i think we should arrange a sewing/craft day - whereby husbands look after small children..er except for eg millie, and we and anyone else get to do sewing craft type stuff!
    by the way i have tons of fabric and you are welcome to come and have a look and have some!
    some people come back from america with stylish new clothes - er - i seem to come back with same old clothes but lots of fabric!!!!!

    ReplyDelete