24 October 2011

Good For a Laugh

Recently, I joined Pinterest. I generally avoid joining anything new online because I like to streamline and not complicate, but my internet bookmarks were driving me MAD! There were so many of them, they were so unorganized and I always had to open a page and load the whole thing to even remember what it was I bookmarked and why. I thought Pinterest might be a good solution. I was right! But it also is one more thing that I like to check online daily. It’s just so fun to see all the creative, beautiful, fun, genius, and funny things out there on the web. It’s great ideas, it’s inspiration for my dream house (in heaven, most likely), and it’s gorgeous and often meaningful art. Pure entertainment!

I’ve been pinning craft projects, kid activities and gorgeous design ideas for a little while, but my most recent discovery on Pinterest is the ‘humor’ section. The past couple evenings I have just spent awhile browsing what people are pinning on there and I end up giggling the night away. This has been great medicine for me but has also caused much confusion on my husband’s part, who is in his personal twin size bed on the opposite side of the room wondering what in the world could possibly be so funny. (Our current bedroom is the room of a very generous little two year old girl who allowed our family of four to move into her space and take over her twin beds and wardrobe. We’re so grateful!).

Aaaanyway… the conversation between Mikey and I, sitting on our respective twin beds across the room from each other, generally goes something like this:

Me: Giggling hysterically.

M: What’s so funny?

Me: Oh nothing, just this funny thing on Pinterest.

Him: What is it?

Me: Well, it’s just this photo of this texting conversation between a Mom and a daughter.

Him: What does it say?

Me: Do you really want me to tell you?… The Mom asks ‘What does IDK, ILY and TTYL mean?’ And the daughter replies ‘I don’t know, I love you and talk to you later’. Then the mom responds “Okay then, I’ll ask your sister'” Baaaahahahahahah!!

Him: Nervous chuckle.

Me: Do you get it?

Him: Silence

Me: Wanna come see?

Him: No.

Me: K, want me to explain it then?

Him: Yes.

Me: Okay, it’s really funnier if you’d just come look, but whatever… The Mom wanted to know what the acronyms IDK, ILY and TTYL meant and the daughter told her what they meant. They mean I don’t know, I love you and I’ll talk to you later. But the Mom thought that the daughter didn’t know and had just told her those things because she didn’t know and she had to go and so the Mom said she’d just go ask her sister instead, even though the daughter did actually give her the answer to her question. K?

Him: Oh, that’s funny. (spoken in a dull, unamused voice)

Me: Nevermind.

This happens again and again but we all know that nothing is nearly as funny when you try to explain it instead of just looking yourself. Aaaaanyway, wanna see some of the things that have had me busting up the past couple days?

No?

Too bad!

First of all, I’ll show you the one I was just talking about. Who knows, maybe my husband will get it this time around? (Hi Honey! Love you!)

image

Bahahaha! I’m still laughing about it. It gets me every time.

Here’s a mere sampling of all the chuckle-getters out there…

image

A lot of these are funny because they are just so true. Like this one. I have heard “Oh Susanna, oh don’t you cry for me” a lot in my lifetime. And my name isn’t even Susanna, it’s Suzanne, but everyone thinks they are being SOOO clever.

image

I’ve seen this saying before. I love it!

image

Um, true!

image

This one is for my nephew D. Funny! He looks so worried…

image

HYSTERICAL! Gotta love some cake-bakers humor. “Nailed it” Ha! I don’t know what it is with me and Cookie Monster today…

image

Guilty as charged. (not a fan exactly, but near equivalents, to be sure)!! Bahahaha!

image

Also guilty. You? Ha!

Why in the world do we do this?!! Ha!

I don't watch many (any?) scary movies. But this made me laugh!

image

I love it.

SUN SHADE: If only you could attach it to hat

Good chuckle.

image

Cause: Tony practices the piano 20 minutes every day.

Effect: he is a Big nerd

Ha!!! Kid humor!! Bahahhaha!

I plan to go back for more laughs tonight. I can hardly wait!

7 comments:

  1. Yep! Had me laughing out loud as well!
    Used to be I would read the jokes in Reader's Digest and would end up laughing out loud while Daddy was trying to go to sleep at night. But one Reader's Digest only lasts a night or two.
    Just think ~ I could probably drive him crazy every single night if I would bring the laptop to bed and use a website such as this!!
    What d'ya think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's probably not the best idea Mom! He he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you crack me up! I'm glad you're finding time to stop, chuckle and chuckle some more in this time of waiting. Love to you and your little crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE PINTEREST! I love it like a fat kid loves a cookie.

    OMGosh the kid under the fan pic and the shower curtain ones are hilarious.

    I spend too much time on Pinterest. Ian doesn't come to see what I'm laughing at either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your stuff :-) So glad to have found you :-)!!! I have PROMISED myself not to do pininterest - don't have time, don't want to look at something else online just can't do it... BUT i LOVE LOVE LOVE all the stuff i'm seeing from other people so fun! and this had me LOL.. :-) what a great break from the day! !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahah! "Nailed It"... te he. Still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also still laughing... especially at the "Nailed it"! I don't need another time-waster, but I think I'm going to go look at Pinterest now! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete