27 October 2011

Tried and True Recipes: Nilanthi’s Quiche

I don’t think my friend Nilanthi even knows that I have her recipe – or that it’s one of my favorites! It’s so easy and delicious… I have served it often to guests. It’s a company pleaser, for sure. The beauty of this quiche is that it doesn’t require a crust. You mix the flour right in with the eggs and it sets up and serves beautifully without the hassle of making a pastry crust.

Nilanthi’s Quiche:

¾ cup flour

1 cup Cheese (any sort, really)

1 ½ milk (whole milk may work best)

3 eggs

Fillings: Whatever strikes your fancy…sausage, sweet corn, onions, bacon, chicken, tuna, spinach, broccoli, etc.

Bake 20-30min in hot oven (is that specific, or what?!)

To increase recipe: Use ½ cup milk for each egg and bake longer.

The three egg recipe fills a 9 by 9ish size pan. If you double it, it does well in a 9 by 13 pan.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the quiche you made for us this summer? If so, I'm happy to have the recipe and even better, to know that its crustless and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one!! Delish, huh?!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete